ATLANTA — For 61 years, Maytag® Commercial Laundry has honored the hard work, commitment to tireless service and dedication of its distribution customers with an annual awards ceremony.
This year, after three years away due to challenging global circumstances, more than 200 people convened in a local hotel one evening during the recent Clean Show to celebrate Maytag achievements.
During the event, Jason Mathew, general manager, Commercial Laundry, said Maytag was excited to be back at the Clean Show and to “recognize the best in the industry and highlight customers who demonstrated remarkable results and commitment to our brand.”
Northwest Laundry Supply won the prestigious Fred Maytag Award. That honor is the most historic, sought-after and reputable accolade within Maytag Commercial Laundry. Established by Fred Maytag, the esteemed award is presented to a company that not only excels in all three segments (vended, multi-housing and on-premises) but also showcases their commitment to their partnership as a loyal Maytag ambassador.
Northwest Laundry was one of the first companies to purchase the new line of Maytag multi-load machines and promote them heavily, the manufacturer says, adding that the distributor achieved great results described as “excellent and significant year-over-year growth with multi-load machines in the vended and OPL segments.”
“We’re pleased to recognize Northwest Laundry Supply for establishing and maintaining impeccable relationships with their customers, as well as their commitment as a loyal Maytag ambassador,” says Amy Gardner, director of sales/service/parts, Commercial Laundry. “It’s through this commitment that Maytag Commercial Laundry has built a reputation for trust and dependability.”
Australia-based Dependable Laundry Solutions was named the Maytag International Distributor of the Year; the honor is bestowed on a company that substantially grows its business. During the last several years, Dependable has continued to grow by a significant, healthy amount while also expanding its sales offices, warehouses and service support throughout Australia.
Maytag honored and recognized 10 other distributors during the awards ceremony:
- Superior Laundry Equipment — Vended Excellence Award for North America;
- WASH, Coinamatic and Hercules — Maytag Multi-Housing Excellence Award for North America;
- Hercules — Maytag Quality Partner of the Year;
- Best Wash Inc. — Maytag Marketing Excellence Award for North America;
- Consolidated Laundry Equipment — Maytag Outstanding First Year Performance Award for North America;
- PT Triton International — Maytag Market Expansion Award;
- Intertrade Chile S.A. — Maytag Marketing Excellence International Award;
- Wolf Laundry (UK) — Maytag Outstanding First Year Performance International Award;
- K-nex Corporation — Maytag Multi-Housing Excellence International Award; and
- Lavanderia Automatica Estrella — Vended Excellence International Award.
Have a question or comment? E-mail our editor Bruce Beggs at [email protected].