OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. — The Coin Laundry Association (CLA) applauded industry leaders during its 2013 Annual Meeting recently in New Orleans, presenting the prestigious Founder’s Award, Affiliate of the Year, and other honors. In all, 16 industry leaders were recognized for “their pursuit of excellence and tireless commitment to improving the laundry industry.”
Bill Reed, who CLA says logged more than four decades of selfless service to others and the industry, received the Founder’s Award.
“This award is reserved for individuals who are true pioneers in the business and are directly responsible for the ongoing growth of the coin laundry industry and the Coin Laundry Association,” explains Brian Wallace, CLA president/CEO. “Bill Reed embodies all that the Founder’s Award is designed to recognize, and we are very grateful to all he has done for the industry and the Association.”
Reed’s longtime friend, Jim Whitmore, added, “Bill Reed is a man who serves for service sake. He stands out for his commitment to serve, and his care.”
The other highly anticipated award, Affiliate of the Year, went to Golden State CLA in Northern California. It was the fourth time the group has received the award.
“Strong governance, excellent meetings, and an unmatched esprit de corps among its volunteers are just a few of the traits which other CLA affiliates aspire to follow,” Wallace says.
Other CLA award winners were:
- Chairman’s Award: Bill Gilbert (2011) and Kenny Wells (2012)
- Distinguished Service Award: Bill Gilbert, Greg Tompkins, Beverly Blank, Karl Keefer, Dick LaMaina and Ralph Daniels
- Leadership Award: Josh Prager, Duane King, Art Jaeger and Jeff Gardner
- Member of the Year: Brian Brunckhorst
- Outstanding Director: Jeffrey Barman
- Richard H. Torp Excellence in Education Award: Stephen Bean