As a Field Service Technician, you will be specializing in repairing commercial laundry equipment for a distributor. You will be dispatched from your home to troubleshoot and perform mechanical/electrical repairs on various makes of commercial laundry equipment (washers, dryers, ironers, etc.) at businesses, such as work out facilities, hospitals, motels etc. Building a healthy business relationship with our customers is key to growing and maintaining our business and your positive attitude and work ethic will be instrumental in our success.
You should be adaptable, self-motivated, have exceptional customers service skills, and a willingness to participate. The people who thrive at Alliance Laundry Systems Distribution love and take pride in their work and enjoy finding efficient ways to help our customers succeed.
This position will cover the areas surrounding our Chicago office, IL 60007.
- Troubleshoot and repair commercial laundry equipment (On Premise Laundry & Vended)
- Install replacement parts as needed
- Accurately document all service activities, including time and materials
- Accurately document all travel activities, including mileage and fuel purchases
- Communicate effectively with customers regarding repair work to ensure satisfaction
- Communicate effectively with service manager, parts department, and vendors to facilitate accurate work product
- Maintain tools, service equipment, and service vehicle (company supplied)
- Assist the install crews with equipment installations and deliveries
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations.
Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 2+ years of mechanical repair experience; laundry equipment experience preferred, but not required. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of electrical testing tools and/or other diagnostic/programing tools
- Experience in telephone and email/ticketing dispatch system-based customer support preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including using MS Outlook, Word, and Excel preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Mechanical Acumen; Ability to identify, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve mechanical and electrical issues. Ability to read, interpret, and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented; Ability to self-manage workload and multiple projects simultaneously while managing and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; Communicate effectively and professionally across all levels of the organization while maintaining a positive and enthusiastic demeanor.
- Resilient; Able to confidently navigate ambiguity and change.
- Strong work ethic; Self-starter, demonstrating a proactive approach, self-initiative, and tenacity.
- Travel will be limited to the service territory; some overnight travel will be required
Standard and Physical Requirements:
- Position involves sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, stooping, bending, climbing and manual dexterity.
- Position requires the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. frequently. For greater weight items assistive devices will be provided.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. A company vehicle may be provided.
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
Alliance Team Members Demonstrate DRIVE:
- Dedicated: Follows through on commitments. Strong say/do.
- Respectful: Acts with integrity and values diverse perspective.
- Innovative: Always looking for a better way; leads change.
- Versatile: Adapts quickly to changing circumstances. Demonstrates agility.
- Engaged: Acts like an owner. Wants to create and grow a business which is tightly aligned with market needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Email Resumes to: [email protected]